Special Post from BL, 24th July 2008


A physicsist who thinks outside the box said... I visit your blog by your good domain and content you may find My blog
interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog. Best wishes!
http://softwares-addiction.blogspot.com/
August 06, 2008

Tiago said... I'll subscribe all of the above statements. Although my visits have been more sporadic, I did enjoy reading most of the correspondence In reading sessions. Have you considered published in book format? By explaining part of the journey that has led you to this point, it would be a great tribute.
Best regards, may retirement bring you the best!
/TiagoAugust 07, 2008
A book is certainly on the way. Final negotiations are taking place. Great news! BL
Anonymous said...When in NZ, check out the army museum in Waiouru if you can (near the centre of the North Island). Te Papa Tongarewa (Museum of New Zealand) in Wellington is worth a look too.

Do some bushwalking while you're here as well if you can. There's several places in Wellington you can wander around that only take a couple of hours.
Scott.July 28, 2008

Roger O'Keeffe said...
Congratulations, and have a ball. I get the feeling that the teaching profession has lost a good 'un.
Just turned 60 myself a few weeks ago, and wondering when to pull the plug between now and 65. Tough call, but for the moment I'm still enjoying myself.
July 27, 2008
I decided that it was the right time - just because I WAS still enjoying it and felt that I was still good at the job. Then, the trip came about.... a "no brainer" as they say! BL

mad4books said...I'll second what everyone has said--and if you want the best barbecue in Texas, your trip to Harold's Barbecue in Abilene (about four hours west of Dallas) will be OUR TREAT!Merry retirement!
July 27, 2008

Anonymous said...Bon Voyage! I hope that your trip goes wonderfully well. I just got back after a short three day jaunt and thought "I wonder if Harry wrote while I was gone?"
He grows on one!Congratulations!
July 27, 2008

Blogger Dana D said...Congrats! Happy and safe travels to you!
July 27, 2008

Anonymous said...Congratulations on your retirement --- I'm sure the school will miss you greatly, you must have been a wonderful teacher: anyone who can hold the interest of the whole world must've found a single classroom easy!
July 26, 200

Thank you all for the great comments!
kevinyon said...Good luck on your retirement and safe travels.
I have really enjoyed the blog. In September I am going to be visiting Kansas City and intend on visiting the World War I exhibit at The Liberty Museum.
July 25, 2008

Jim Ahrens in Minneapolis, MN USA said...Congratulations! And thank you for your work here in bringing the Great War to life for all of us. While I've been a student of that particular historical tragedy for the last twenty years, I've never felt so personally connected. Thank you a thousand times!
July 25, 2008

Anonymous said...Congratulations from Indianapolis, Indiana! May you have a wonderful and blessed retirement.
July 25, 2008

Blogger Anne-Marie said...Congratulations on your retirement, and all the best during your travels. I'll be looking forward to your posts.
regards,
Anne-Marie
July 25, 2008

Blogger Will said...Congratulations. Enjoy your trip.
July 25, 2008

Blogger Ken said...Bill,Congratulations on your retirement! I wish you the best.
July 25, 2008

Fredrik Mellem said...Congratulations. Both with your retirement and with one of the most interesting blogs I read.
July 25, 2008

Blogger Bill said...Congratulations, Mr. Lamin, on your new life. I'm in education myself, so I know your attachment. Best wishes in the future.
July 26, 2008

Congrats and happy retirement!Enjoy your trip, it sounds well deserved!
July 24, 2008

Blogger Nanny (Shirley) said...Congrats on your retirement and your dedication to teaching for the past 26 years. I too check your blog everyday to see if there is a letter from Harry! Enjoy your well deserved world trip and I look forward to Harry's letters and pray he (and you) will both return home safely.
July 24, 2008

Blogger Beck said...Congrats! Have a great time. We will still be following along.
July 24, 2008

Anonymous said...
enjoy your retirement.you've earned it. I log on at 1am, every morning hoping there's a new letter.
tony. manchester.
July 25, 2008

corin91 said...I'll ditto what Jared said -- if you're traveling near the Boston area I hope there might be an opportunity to say Hello :)
July 25, 2008

Anonymous said...Have a great trip, especially down under to Tonga NZ and OZ. Congrats on your retirement and the blog, its been great to follow WW1 from the view of an individaul soldiers view and not just the numbers that history usually deals with. July 25, 2008

Blogger Connie said...How wonderful! Congratulations on your retirement and your well deserved trip. It sounds very exciting. If you are in the Pacific Northwest and planning to be near Portland Oregon I hope you contact me. I have a great guest room and you would certainly be welcome. As others have said I start the day by checking to see if "I" have a letter!Thank you for sharing them and making this part of history so real and personal.
Most sincerely, ConnieJuly 25, 2008

nononsensegrammytree said...Have a great trip!Glad to hear you will keep the blog going.July 25, 2008

Anonymous said...Marvelous! have a great time and a long and happy retirement.
Kind regards
Linda July 25, 2008

Jo Smith said...Congratulations on your commitment to teaching and enjoy the retirement & world trip!
July 24, 2008

Blogger Jared said...Where in the States are you going? If you are going to be in the Boston area I would like to meet up and have a drink or coffee if possible.
July 24, 2008
Thanks Jared, I'm only in L.A. for this weekend. If you want to nip down......

Blogger Scott said...Congratulations! And Bon Voyage!
July 24, 2008

Blogger John said...Congratulations on your retirement. I have thoroughly the blog for the last several months since I discovered it. I anxiously check my RSS reader every morning hoping for a post. History is a passion of mine and I think there is no better way to learn about history than from the people who were actually there. Your blog is an asset to anyone interested in history.
I pray for a safe journey for you on your much deserved trip.
Thank you again for the blog.-John Nall
July 24, 2008

Blogger erathwomen said...Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful trip. How your students will miss you and how proud your grandad would be!! If you're coming to Texas, I'd love to meet you. I'm sure the Western Front Association here would love to meet you too!All best,
Marcy
July 24, 2008
Thank you Marcy. I'd love to talk to your group but only a short visit to L.A. Next time?
Anonymous Mary T. said...Congratulations - enjoy yourself! I do look forward to keeping up with news from Italy though!
July 24, 2008

Anonymous said...
Congratulations on your retirement! Best Wishes for new adventures!
Cecilia in Michigan
July 24, 2008

Blogger John said...Congratulations on your retirement. Have a wonderful trip! Thanks for continuing the blog. I start each day checking to see if I have a letter from Harry.
July 24, 2008

Blogger John said...Congratulations on your retirement. Have a wonderful trip! Thanks for continuing the blog. I start each day checking to see if I have a letter from Harry.July 24, 2008

Anonymous said...Have a great retirement. The trip sounds like something you have always wanted to do. Congrats on the great career. Your students will no doubt miss someone with such great talents.
July 24, 2008

Blogger Autolycus said...Congratulations and all good wishes for a long and happy retirement: enjoy that trip!
July 24, 2008

Anonymous lom said...Enjoy you holiday and your retirement
July 24, 2008

Anonymous said...Enjoy your travels and thank you so much for keeping us all up to date on Harry's trials and tribulations.
Bon voyage!!!!
July 24, 2008

Anonymous said...Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy the trip.
JackieJuly 24, 2008

Anonymous said...
Congrats and happy retirement!
Enjoy your trip, it sounds well deserved!
July 24, 2008

No comments: