26th April 1918 Letter to Kate

Anonymous said...My Great Great Grandfather was in this battle (Messines Ridge, June 7th 1917 BL) and I found Harry's letters very insightful of what my Great Great Grandfather went through. He died on the 7th of June 1917. Thankyou.
April 26, 2008

Jes said...Oh, how sad and lonely he sounds in this letter. He's been such a 'rum chap', but I think you can really tell more in this letter than any other how much the war and time away from family is wearing on him. I wonder how he would feel to know that 100 years later, he has the hearts and best wishes of so many.
April 26, 2008

JOEL WYERAZ - EM ALGUM LUGAR said...Hi guy, I´m Brazilian, living in Rio, and saw news about your idea in a newspaper at January, 2008. Congratulations. I guess that every family with relatives in wars are pleased.
It´s great tribute to Lamin´s memory.
April 26, 2008

Anonymous said... Bill, did Harry really put the date as '2th/4/1918' or is that just a wee slip on your behalf?
The blog is compulsive reading!
Nona, London
April 26, 2008

Ooops! Corrected now. BL

No comments: