Blogger gouldie said...

What a great idea! Thanks for posting this. I'm going to follow the blog, rather than google our soldier, to learn his fate.

3:54 AM

Delete
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine wearing shorts in a trench environment.

5:57 AM

Delete
Blogger PastelArtist said...

Heard about this on Radio4, I look forward to following.

My father was wounded in WW1, I can find no information, not even where he served, you are lucky. Thanks for sharing.

10:55 AM

Delete
Blogger Colin said...

I also got the intro via Radio4 - please keep up the excellent work. One of the most moving experiences anyone can have is a guided tour of the WWI area around Ypres and Paschendale. It makes grown men cry, and maybe ought to be compulsory for all schoolkids.

2:20 PM

Delete
Anonymous Richard & Ali said...

I too heard about this on Radio 4. I think you are doing an amazing thing by bringing this to the rest of the world. Harry would be so proud.

11:15 PM

Delete
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic collection of memories.

Thank you so much for sharing.

I am hooked and can't wait for the next letter. I can only imagine how Harry's wife and brother must have felt waiting for news.

Thank you

Paul.

5:25 PM


Anonymous name said...

Nice Article.

No comments: